Plan ahead. Do the following before driving:
- Program your navigation system before you put your car in drive. If you need to make corrections to your route, pull over to a safe location first.
- Create a playlist on your MP3 player or burn a CD for your trip. Make sure you have more than enough songs for the length of your trip so that there is no need to adjust the radio during your drive.
- If you’re running late, call or text people before you start driving. Don’t risk fumbling around with your phone while driving.
- Put your phone on silent and put it out of sight while driving to avoid the temptation to read or answer a text message. Better yet, turn off all communication devices.
- Personal grooming such as, applying makeup or shaving.
- Properly buckle-in children.
- Any eating or drinking.