U-Haul Team Members Support and Participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Collage of Images from the Susan G. Komen Race for the CureThroughout 2014, U‑Haul team members in St. Louis, Philadelphia and Nashville showed their support for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure  by raising money and providing refreshments and entertainment to participants… as well as participating in the race themselves. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is the signature fund-raiser of the charity, with 75 percent of the money going to the local community to fund breast cancer screening, education and patient-navigation programs. The remaining 25 percent is donated to global research of breast cancer.

St. Louis

U-Haul Team members from U-Haul Moving and Storage of Downtown St. Louis volunteered at the Susan G. Komen event to help participants quench their thirst… giving out water bottles to participants. These water bottles with the U-Haul Company logo not only helped race participants hydrate, but also raised community awareness of the new U-Haul store in downtown St. Louis. There were more than 50,000 participants in the race and many of them were grateful that U-Haul Company contributed the time and effort to come out and show its support. What a great way to get the community better acquainted with U-Haul!

 Nashville

 Thirteen U-Haul Team members came together in Nashville on October 25, 2014, to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure walk. The team members raised a total of $730 to help the Susan G. Komen Foundation in its fight against breast cancer.

“It was great to be given the opportunity to come together as a team and take the time to show our support for this great cause,” said Catherine Zettlemoyer, traffic control manager at U-Haul Company of Nashville.

 Philadelphia

U-Haul Team members in Philadelphia helped motivate walk participants with music and entertainment outside their U-Haul store. General Manager Steve Mundy of U-Haul of Glenside provided his own DJ equipment and other U-Haul Team members passed out water and trail mix bars to keep the walkers going.

“I would say without a doubt, we wow’d the Glenside community,” stated Jason Ibbettson, marketing company executive assistant for U-Haul Company of North Philadelphia. “So many were blown away by the effort U-Haul put forth.”

A huge “thank you” goes out to all U-Haul volunteers and participants who decided to give their time by showing up and supporting the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure participants.

 

Did you participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this year or in past years? What are you involved in within your community? Let us know in the Comments Section below.

What's New