Whether you’re heading to college, coming back home, or trying out a summer abroad program, your mind is probably occupied with what seems like an endless to-do list. Well, you can cross off transporting and storing your belongings. Moving can be overwhelming enough without lugging around everything you own. With Collegeboxes, you can pack any items you’d like to be transported or stored, and have them picked up from your residence or school. From there, they can either be stored for an extended period of time or shipped to the location of your next endeavor. Below is what you should know about utilizing Collegeboxes to ensure a smooth move:
If you’re planning on going home for the summer or taking time to study abroad, be sure to utilize summer storage. Your belongings will be waiting safely for you when you get back, after just a few steps:
- After creating an account online if you have ordered a supply kit, it will be shipped to your campus mail room. (Order early: Shipping typically takes 3-5 business days!)
- On your selected pickup date a Collegeboxes representative will come to your door to pick up your items.
- They will then be stored at a local U-haul facility until the date you have selected for campus delivery.
- On your selected delivery date a Collegeboxes representative will come to your school to drop off your items (your delivery address can be added to your account at any time over the summer).
Ship to School
Moving from home to college means there is already plenty on your plate, so let us take care of your boxes. These steps explain how you can leave your baggage at the door–literally — with the ship to school option.
- After creating an account online if you have ordered a supply kit it will be shipped to your home.
- On your selected pickup date Fedex will pick up your items from your home.
- They will be shipped to a U-Haul location near your school where they will be stored until the date you have selected for delivery.
- On your selected delivery date a Collegeboxes representative will come to your campus to drop off your items. (Your delivery address can be added to your account at any time over the summer)
Planning on traveling a considerable distance for your next adventure? No worries.
- After creating an account online if you have ordered a supply kit it will be shipped to your home or campus mail room.
- On your selected pickup date Fedex Express will pick up your items from your home or your campus mail room.
- Your items will be shipped anywhere across the globe.
In addition to these services Collegeboxes accommodates any length of storage for students who may be returning to campus early or even studying abroad for a year. Your account online allows you to manage and edit your pickups, deliveries and storage time frame as well as view live tracking information for your items. Collegeboxes offers 24/7 customer service with multiple options to reach us; phone, chat and email.
Want a closer look inside Collegeboxes, there are featured how-to’s, dorm room packing tips, and much more on the blog, Inside the Box.
How have you utilized Collegeboxes? Tell us in the comments below.